When items received by Homemakers through Bulk Collections, Drop Off’s and House Clearances are not considered fit for re-use by our staff and volunteers they are then transferred to our Recycling Department.
In this department items are dismantled for their components and other waste is segregated into its correct waste stream for recycling. The waste streams we currently recycle are: -
* Metal - recycled by a local scrap metal merchant.
* Glass - used in road aggregate.
* Cardboard - recycled back into cardboard.
* China / Ceramics - used for road aggregate.
* Paper - recycled into paper.
* Books - recycled into paper.
* Polyester - reused in the re-manufacturing of pet bedding blankets.
* Wood - recycled back into new furniture.
* Textiles - recycled into wipers or sent to third world countries.
Our dismantling generally involves all furniture including mattresses and sofas.
If you wish to drop off large quantities of furniture for recycling please contact us so we can make arrangements for your arrival.